Over the last year or so, I have really found a passion for cooking and baking – it is almost therapeutic to me now. That is why I decided to bake some cupcakes and blog about it!
So for the ingredients, they are super simple and most likely things you have lying around in your cupboard! The ingredients are listed below:
For the cupcakes
- 110g Softened Butter
- 110g Caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g self-raising flour
- Dash of milk
For the buttercream icing
- 140g Softened butter
- 280g Icing sugar
- Dash of milk
- Food colouring if you wish!
- As always, pre-heat the oven to 180 (I’m not sure what that is on other ovens, but it’s 180 on mine lol)
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour, adding a little milk until the mixture is smooth and a little bit runny. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top.
- Leave the cakes out to cool, so that the icing doesn’t melt!
- For the buttercream icing, beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk, adding more milk if necessary, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Decorate how you please!
Now, I’m no master at decorating cupcakes and making them look delicious, but as long as they taste good! That is all that matters right?
How cute are the little wreath decorations?? B&M has the best Christmas and baking range, definitely the place to visit for Christmassy items!!
Have fun baking <3