As I have probably stated a millions timessssss, I love Christmas music! To the point where I have a playlist on Spotify that stays at the top of my list all year round…. yes, even in summer. It just my feel good music, there is nothing a Christmas song can’t fix.
Not going to lie, I really, really struggled to compile my playlist into my top 3 or top 5 songs, which is why this list is 10. And by the time you are reading this, you can guarantee that this list has changed about 50 times before I actually make my mind up.
So without further ado, here is my list of favourite songs! PLEASE bare in mind, this is not in order of favourite to least.. well not least favourite (I don’t know if that makes sense)!
- Darlene Love – Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
2. John & Yoko – Happy Xmas, War Is Over
3. The Pogues ft. Kirsty MacColl – Fairytale Of New York
4. Chris de Burgh – A Spaceman Came Travelling
Funny fact – about two years ago I couldn’t find this song and I spent a good two weeks trying to find it based on the only lyrics in the song I knew which were “And it went la la la la la la la la la”
5. Band Aid 1984 – Do They Know It’s Christmas?
6. Darlene Love – All Alone on Christmas
7. George Michael – December Song (I Dreamed of Christmas)
8. Wham – Last Christmas
9. The Polar Express, Josh Groban – Believe
10. Tweenies Christmas (The Whole Album)
Okay yes, as embarrassing as it sounds, I am obsessed with this – along with the rest of my family! Growing up, The Tweenies was my favourite TV show and it has always been a Christmas tradition of ours to decorate the tree whilst listening to The Tweenies Christmas album – yes even at the age of 20. The entire album brings me so much happiness and excitement and I will never be embarrassed to tell anyone that 😉
(I don’t have a link for this one, because we have it on a CD)